COVID-19, cardiovascular disease, mental health, climate change, poverty, conflict, health care infrastructure and an aging population are just some of the public health concerns that affect individuals across the globe. Amidst these global health concerns, there is a pressing need for our learners to not only be competent in caring for patients within their local communities but to also be poised for patient care in differing cultures and geographies. How do we train our learners for this immense task? The Winter 2024 IAMSE Webcast Audio Seminar series will explore the intersection of medical and health professions education with global health. Themes will include the difficulties of life and medical practice in other parts of the world, to the unique challenges faced by migrant physicians, and medical education and scholarship in low-resource countries. The webinar series will help us recognize and appreciate our own biases as well as different perspectives on values and shared global challenges. Global health is the collaborative trans-national research and practice for improving health and achieving equity in health for all. This webinar series will equip the health professions educators to train globally-minded learners who will provide care for the medically underserved from pole to pole.
One World, One Health
Tackling the Global Health Crisis
Join us for each one-hour session beginning Thursday, January 4 at 12 PM EST. Sessions in the Winter 2024 series include:
- January 4, 12 PM EST – Global Health Electives: the Good, the Bad, the Ugly presented by Jenny Baenziger
- January 11, 12 PM EST – Climate Change and Human Health presented by Eugene Richardson
- January 18, 12 PM EST – Global Approaches to Medical School Regulation: Who Wins? presented by Ahmed Rashid
- January 25, 12 PM EST – Cultures and Practices for Global Inclusion in Health Professions Education Publishing: What Can Work presented by Anna Cianciolo, Peter de Jong, & Subha Ramani
- February 1, 12 PM EST – Refracting Lenses – Seeing Women of Colour in Global Health presented by Thirusha Naidu
As always, student member of IAMSE can register for hte series for FREE! Email email@example.com for details.