IAMSE Directors, Officers
DIRECTOR of IAMSE
A Director understands and supports the mission and goals of IAMSE and actively contributes to the governance of this organization. A Director makes attendance at quarterly Board meetings (via conference call) a scheduling priority and, having read the circulated materials, comes prepared to actively participate in decision making. They also attend and participate in the day-long Board meeting scheduled for the Friday prior to each Annual Association Meeting of IAMSE in July. They are willing to share their time and professional expertise with the Board and with staff to contribute to the achievement of goals as determined by the Board and Executive Committee. This includes periodically assuming a leadership role in chairing a committee or spearheading an IAMSE-sponsored project. A Director is an advocate for the organization, and promotes IAMSE in ways appropriate to their profession and contacts.
SECRETARY of IAMSE
The Secretary oversees the proper recording of proceedings of meetings of the Association and the Board. Specifically, the Secretary will notify members of meetings, solicit items and prepare the agendas, take attendance when required, prepare and distribute minutes for approval, maintain all IAMSE documents including the archives, and along with the President sign all official papers. They facilitate the annual Board of Directors electoral process as described in the IAMSE bylaws. The Secretary serves on the IAMSE Executive Committee, and also conducts such other duties as from time to time may be assigned to the office by the President or the Board.
TREASURER of IAMSE
The Treasurer maintains and accounts for the financial records of the Association according to standard practices, and, whether performed personally or through the business office, is responsible for safeguarding IAMSE funds. They are responsible for disbursing IAMSE funds in accordance with the approved budget. Each year the Treasurer is required to prepare a full financial report for the membership detailing the financial status of IAMSE and to present such interim reports as the Board of Directors may direct. The Treasurer also serves on the IAMSE Executive Committee.
PRESIDENT of IAMSE
The President of IAMSE is the highest ranking officer of the Association elected by the membership. The functions of the President are to:
- Lead the Board of Directors in the development of the strategic goals and objectives of the organization
- Give direction and leadership toward the achievement of the organization’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and its annual goals and objectives
They are accountable directly to the Association membership.
The major responsibilities of the President are to:
- Chair the Board of Directors and Executive Committee meetings, with voting privilege
- Serve as ex-officio member of all committees
- Call special meetings if necessary
- Recommend standing committee Chairs to the Executive Committee
- With the Executive Director, recommend who will serve on committees
- Work with the Nominating Committee to recruit new Board members
- Act as the principal spokesperson for the organization