Register your institution for the series!
Register yourself for the series!
Faculty development can be defined as the myriad ways in which institutions and organizations support faculty members’ roles in education, research, service, and administration. These faculty development activities can take on a variety of forms and may have a range of goals and objectives. This Fall, the IAMSE webinar series will take a close look at faculty development for educators in the health professions. The five-part webinar series will begin with an introduction to current trends in faculty development for educators and scholars including identifying current challenges and opportunities. The series will then continue by examining specific topics in faculty development in detail. First, we will hear about recruiting, retaining, and developing a diverse faculty, which is crucial in creating and maintaining an inclusive learning environment. The following session will be a how-to webinar on the construction of strong promotion and tenure packets based on the educational mission of one’s institution. Next, two innovative faculty development program will be presented as case studies in successful faculty development, one sponsored by an institution and another sponsored by a professional society. The series will conclude with a webinar examining strategies for early intervention, specifically how to develop trainees as medical educators. This series will provide participants with not only practical tips for developing their own skills but also insight into how to become engaged with and possibly improve the faculty development culture within their institutions.
Join us on Thursdays in September and October at 12pm Eastern for a deeper look at:
- September 5 – The Current Landscape of Faculty Development: Challenges and Opportunities – Alice Fornari, EdD
- September 12 – Recruiting, Retaining and Developing a Diverse Faculty – Darin Latimore, MD
- September 19 – Congratulations! You’ve been promoted! Introducing the IAMSE Educator Toolkit – Bonny Dickinson, PhD and Maria Sheakley, PhD
- September 26 – Innovative Faculty Development Programs: Two Case Studies – David Rogers, MD and Melissa Klein, MD
- October 3 – “See One, Do One, Teach One”: Developing Trainees as Medical Educators – Valerie O’Laughlin, PhD and Teri Turner, MD
And the best part is
IAMSE Student Members Register FREE!
For more information on the series, student discount code or to register for individual sessions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.