Assessment review gives both the instructor and the learners an opportunity to learn from mistakes. By letting your learners review tests, quizzes and even final exams, we are assessing our assessments. This gives you an opportunity to go over the goals of the instruction, assess learner progress and discover information to improve both the assessment and the instruction. To answer the question: “How are they doing?” we need to step back and evaluate the entire instructional effort. In this presentation participants will review the benefits of using all assessments as an opportunity to learn. We will look at each and every assessment as an opportunity. We will discuss strategies for planning and conducting assessment reviews and adapting instructional strategies to enhance learning results. We will explore hands on examples of test review and instructional adjustments. This presentation will allow the participants to see the value of assessment as a tool for learning and provide hands on examples of the feedback loop for improving instruction.
- Identify strengths of different types of assessments
- Demonstrate the use of assessment audits
- Gain strategies for using assessment to improve overall results
- Consider ways to improve student learning and instruction using assessment
Bobbe Baggio is a consultant in multicultural and international e-Learning integration for a global and virtually connected workforce. Her area of expertise is the integration of technologies to enhance human performance including adult and workplace learning.
Dr. Baggio is particularly interested in helping organizations:
- Create a wide variety of training and learning solutions including VLEs, VILT’s, distance learning, remote classrooms, multimedia e-learning, virtual simulations, m-learning and compliance training programs, products and courses.
- Create strategies for the effective use of technologies to enhance learning and human
- Implement leadership skills and manage a complex multi-tiered virtual environment.
- Foster virtual relationships across all areas of complex organizations through the development and adherence to organizational objectives and measurable behavior skills.
- Support both virtual workers and those responsible for managing and leading in the virtual workplace
- She draws upon her experience as a Fortune 100 IT manager, 20 years of consulting experience, and her doctoral studies in instructional design for online learning.
Current clients include the University of Pennsylvania, PHEAA, Merck, BMS, KPMG, Siemens, Ticketmaster, Christiana Care Health System, Cisco and Adobe
Bobbe Baggio is Director of the Masters of Science program in Instructional Technology Management at La Salle University in Philadelphia, PA. Since 2002 she has been CEO of Advantage Learning Technologies, Inc. a company that provides programs, products and research for workplace learning in the 21st century. She believes that technologies are here to help everyone and to be used to enhance out human performance. Bobbe is a highly regarded author, speaker, advisor and educator in the field of instructional technologies and learning.