Proposals are still being accepted for pre-conference faculty development courses that will be delivered the Saturday before the 2023 IAMSE meeting. The annual meeting will be held in Cancun, Mexico from June 6-13, 2023.
Proposals will be accepted through July, 1, 2022. The Professional Development Committee will review all proposals and select 2-3 full-day workshops and 7-8 half-day workshops for the meeting.
A pre-conference faculty development course is 3 or 6 hours in length and enrollment is limited. Instructors are asked to combine appropriate amounts of didactic presentations with significant “hands-on” opportunities for participants. For the participants, a certificate of attendance will be available after completion of the course if needed. Pre-conference faculty development courses focus on career/professional development, and the workshops should be useful for advancing the career of the attendee. The broad umbrella areas of focus for these courses include:
- Leadership/Advancement as a Medical Educator
Proposals must include the following information:
- Title of the course
- Name and e-mail of organizer
- Facilitator(s) information
- Summary of the course and how it will advance the career of the attendee
- Length of the course (3 or 6 hours)
- Area of focus for the course (Leadership/Advancement; Research/Scholarship/Publications; Instruction/Assessment; Technology)
- Level of the course (introductory/intermediate/advanced)
- Description of the target participants.
All abstracts must be submitted in the format requested through the online abstract submission site found here.
If you have any questions about submitting your proposal, please contact IAMSE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.