IAMSE offers many ways for health professions students to grow as nascent educators and professional colleagues. A student is considered as a person who is enrolled in a degree/certificate program (such as BS, MS, PharmD, PhD, MD) at a school or other institution. Student memberships include complimentary access for the IAMSE Webcast Audio Seminar Series for 1 full year. Similar to institutional membership, IAMSE now offering groups of up to 5 students at one institution to join IAMSE for only $50 per student. Groups of 6 or more students can join at an even lower membership rate of only $35 per student! Any student who will be attending the annual IAMSE meeting can join IAMSE for $25 with their meeting registration.
Participation in IAMSE meetings and web seminars will help you:
- Make friends with students and teachers from all over the world, coming from different disciplines, professions, and educational systems. These interactions will give you an advantage in beginning a career as a health science educator.
- Learn educational concepts – learn the why behind how you are educated. Learn how different educational strategies can be used to teach comparable basic science content.
- Network with your future employers and colleagues in a welcoming organization where all ideas are valued. IAMSE is an interprofessional collective of clinicians, scientists, educators, deans, and technology-driven experts eager to collaborate and cross-pollinate.
- Get advance word on new educational strategies and concepts from cutting edge innovators.
- Present your work, share your ideas and get feedback from an experienced international audience who teaches for a living and values student input. In doing so, improve your verbal and written presentation skills. Do all the above at the annual meeting in an enjoyable, relaxed environment chosen for its desirable locale.
If you or someone you know would like to join IAMSE as a student, please visit our website or reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.